My Dog Got Stung by A Bee: What Should I Do?

Bee Stings on Dogs and Puppies​

Bee stings are usually harmless for your dog if treated correctly. Most of the time, the swelling will go away after a few days and they’ll be back to their usual happy self. 

In some instances, your dog may be stung in other places such as their neck, mouth or by multiple bees at once. Depending on the location of the sting, there are different symptoms to look out for and remedies you can apply.

Essential Oils for Bee Stings​

Essential Oils for Bee Stings​

If a honeybee stings you, it leaves a poisonous toxin that can cause a sharp burning pain, a red mark on the skin, itching and slight swelling. Some people are allergic to this toxin, and they may have a severe allergic reaction to bee stings, which is potentially life-threatening and requires emergency treatment.

Unless you’re allergic to bee stings or experience symptoms of a severe allergic reaction, you can treat bee stings at home without the need to visit a doctor or pharmacy. Essential oils are a great option here.